Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am back !

I have not been on here for a while. Life has been hectic here. Greg went over to South Africa for 11 days and so I was home with the kiddies. In between all that we have had Luke's birthday party at Boomerangs. I must dig out all the photos - I don't think I have put them on flikr yet. I have to organise Anna-Kate's party this weekend. She has been invited to two parties the weekend I was going to have hers....so I have to put my thinking cap on !!!

I am working on two blankets - a granny square blanket - I am actually taking a break from it as I had not woven in the ends as I went along (that will teach me !!!) The second blanket is made up of pastel hexagons - I was better here and have woven in the ends as I went along.

Plus I am making a cardigan for me. That is on the back burner at the mo as I think I am going to run out of wool !!!

My garden is picking up too. Today was lovely. I moved my sage bush - and replaced it with a rosemary bush. Making more room for my rhubarb next to my shed.

I have many plants of beans - I think I have three types of bean. I have several peas growing - all outside now. Although we had frost last night my plants were OK !!!

This year I am trying to grow 3 types of tomatoes , 2 or 3 types of radish, spring onion, several types of lettuce, loads of marigolds, peppers, chillis, nasturiums, brocolli, brussel sprouts, basil, coriander, oregano, another herb to prevent insects attacking my beans, sunflowers, rhubarb, garlic, cress, chives..... I think that is it ! NO squash / marrows etc as they take up too much room !!! (Repeat ten time Vanessa!!!)

It is my weekend off this weekend - I have promised Anna-Kate I will take her swimming tomorrow and leave the shopping to the boys. I may drag her off to a garden centre afterwards as I need little pots and soil !!

I am hinting for a water butt for Mother's day so I can water all my plants when we have a hose pipe ban !!!

See you later !

No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org