Monday, August 16, 2010

Our Garden - a work in progress ...

This is what it looked like before I attacked this grass area - the cut down brush were some of the bushes / trees at the end of the garden.

I created the shape with rocks found around the garden, around old ponds etc we have removed. then I laid down some cardboard to kill off the grass and then remembered I have a naughty dog (!!) so had to build a fence around my veggie patch. I tried to use sticks from the trees I cut down - but ran out of these so had to buy some canes. Starting to fill with soil as and when I buy some.

This is how it looked on Saturday morning. Greg and I went out into the garden to clear the ever growing pile of rubbish ... we moved it to the area behind the metal shed as it is fab leaves etc and will break down to make lovely mulch / compost for later....

Sunday evening - all moved - with a little help from Luke and his fluffy toys.
Planted so far - tomatoes, basil, lettuce, radish, beans, strawberries, peas, peppers, mandarin tree, blood orange tree, apricot tree and plum tree ..... plus lots of sunflowers !



No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org