Saturday, January 03, 2009

My first quilt - using my sewing machine.


While I was getting ready for the day this morning - I wondered why my children were so, very quiet ! Imagine no arguing ... this is what I found. Anna-Kate received her laptop from Father Christmas - but Luke's is his Dad's... Luke might be getting one for his birthday on the 15th if he is very, very good !



Now on to quilting.
While we were driving to Ikea I drew this pattern out - I saw the original pattern on the internet ... so I drew it out... there are bumps due to the driver - he tried his best to drive smoothly !
This is my first jelly roll and cake layer - bought from etsy

This afternoon I cut out the larger rectangles, from the cake layer. I will cut the jelly roll tomorrow. All cut out now. I am very nervous as this quilt will be very special !!!
Now I am off to crochet ... chat soon !
XXXX


1 comment:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, that looks interesting...wa that a resolution??? LOL!
I love drawing out patterns, I love the colouring in, but probably tricky in the car!
Cheers, Tracey

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org