Monday, May 18, 2009

My Hexagonal Quilt is Growing.

This weekend I have been tidying away a lot of my sewing stash as my husband is home on Thursday (4 sleeps to go !)

Not too much has been going on here in Wiltshire due to the housework and the weather... I did intend to mow the grass as the back garden is doing its best to impersonate a meadow at the moment.
I managed to finish the tulip stained glass window quilt block for my Friday quilt class, and I am now working on Drunkards Path ... very interesting.


On Friday and Saturday - and a little bit this afternoon I have been working on my hexagonal quilt, it is growing, very slowly! Thank-you to every one who has donated fabric scraps - some more than scraps really. I promise to make a start on your bags this week, as who knows if I will get any sewing done while hubby is home !


Today I decided to pick up my knitting needles again - we will see if I finish this garment.
I had a lucky find at the Charity shops 3 lovely tea towels. In mint condition, one from New Zealand, a 1969 calender from Australia and Christmas recipes. Not sure what I will create with them... we will wait and see.

I hope that you are all well, please spare a thought for my FIL who is in hospital in South Africa, I hope that the doctors find out what is the cause of all his problems.

Chat soon - may the sun shine tomorrow! XXXX

No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org