Thursday, June 12, 2008

SP12 - a swap I am taking part in. The Questionare!

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I am easy to please - I use acrylic for a lot of things - blankets, toys. Would love to try more exotic fibres as I have started to knit - knitting uses up less wool, crocheting EATS wool LOL !
Love earthy tones - reds, golds, LOVE orange ....

What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Vases and beer mugs
(classy me !)

How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been crocheting forever and would like to think I am advanced - I have been knitting about 8 months now... maybe an advanced beginner?

Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope !

What’s your favorite scent?
Ananya from Body Shop - no longer carried (sigh!) Cranberry from Body shop.... vanilla is nice as is jasmine - that type of thing o h and cinnamon !!!!

Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES !!!! the obvious choclate - biscuits -

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
No don't spin - I crochet (done for the longest), I sew and I knit.
I love to decoupage too.

What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Not a music fan (sorry!)

What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Orange is my favourite colour, but love - red, gold, yellow, brown...but once again like all colours !

What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married, I have to little kiddies. I have 2 cats and a dog.

Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes I wear scarves, I wear hats in summer (to keep the sun off my face!) and in winter (it is cold in the UK!) I do wear gloves / mittens - but don't wear ponchos - love wraps though!

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have knitted cardigans, jackets, scarves, think that is it - I like to knit for me and my family.

What are you knitting right now?
A brown top for me (summery t-shirt type thing and a shrug.)

Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Have not managed to get my head around circular needles yet - so have only used straight!
Like bamboo and plastic the best

Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

How old is your oldest UFO?
mmm only about a month - I try to finish before I move on !

What is your favorite holiday?
Definately Christmas with out a doubt!

Is there anything that you collect?
Besides bags and shoes?? I love beads and buttons.

Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I love vintage clothing - sewing patterns or knitting patterns ...
I am collecting toy patterns at the moment

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Simple (or is it simply?) knitting - a UK mag.

Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
There are too many to list and so much I have yet to learn / hear about !

Are you a sock knitter?
Not really - just so much to do and so little time!!!!!

What are your foot measurements?
Oh I am a UK size 3 ....does that help???

When is your birthday?
4 October !

What’s your Ravelry ID
BonzaBlue

Hope this helps my partner !!!

No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org