Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Running !

I have not given up (yet!) I managed to run 1.52kms but went on to 3.04kms today (brisk walk for the rest !)
Feeling so much better in myself - although the scales have not shown any difference yet !

Here is Luke carrying poor old Sherry around . This time she is in a box, usually she is on a beanbag. Sherry has adopted Luke and Tequila has adopted Anna-Kate. These are my two ginger cats. I bought them during my nursing training days... on my psychiatric training ! They are about 10 years old and very patient with the children - usually!
Some projects I am working on at the moment -

The hexagon quilt I have begun. I have started to sew the hexagons together. So far it is made out of scraps I found in my shed during the big clear out !


My crocheting - it will be a throw / wrap. I only do this at Anna-Kate's swimming lesson on Saturday mornings.

Yesterday I decided to pick up knitting again - making a simple top for me, for when it is too warm for our winter coats but still need another layer on ... spring is coming !!!

Have to work on this applique for Friday - can you see what it is yet ? Not enjoying it so only work on it for about half an hour a day !

Todays hexagonal flower I made this morning - will try to make at least one a day !

The knitting is growing slowly ... have added a few a cms to it.
Then came home from the school run and ran (!!!) then made the little one's their dinner and now am waiting for my dinner to cook. Then it is brownies for Anna-Kate and my parents have now moved to the next village so I must remember to collect her !
I have taken a photo of the garden as it is today (weeded over the weekend!) The daffodils make me smile... I will take photos to show you how it changes from now through spring and summer !

This is the view of a slice of my garden - to the left are loads of buckets I use for tomatoes mostly, then there are the long tubs I use for lettuce and radish, the yellow paddling pool houses my strawberries and sunflowers... and down the fence are so many things ! Mostly rhubarb and sunflowers.... Spring is coming !
Chat tomorrow if possible !
XXXX

2 comments:

Krista said...

I love the hexagons! Beautiful work.

I didn't know that you could grow vegetables in shallow things, like the pool, do you think I could grow tomatoes in that? hmmm...I love fresh tomatoes and since we don't live close to my in-laws anymore I never get them!

And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.

BTW, I am hosting a giveaway this week to celebrate my 1st blog birthday. Come by and enter!

QuiltedSimple said...

Good for you that you are still running! Love the hexagons - and you've been so busy! I cannot wait to start gardening - too bad it's still 28 deg. F here...
Kris

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org