Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Top Tip - for quilting ...


When I began my patchwork / quilting course our instructor advised us to work on a flat, hard surface.

So while out shopping I looked for a tray to work on - but they were over £4. This cork board was less than £2 and it helps keep my pieces in the correct order. Yesterday I did completed the square on the right and this morning I began the square on the left. Somehow I managed to lose or miss out a purple triangle.

I also completed the Christmas stocking for a swap I am in on www.crafster.org (I think that is the correct link !) plus all the bits and bobs going in - I am a little worried about postage on this as it feels HEAVY !

And now I am back on the brown blanket again.

PS - Greg is coming home at 9 tonight BUT the littlies dont know yet !! All they know is a surprise will be here tomorrow morning - hope fully they will be asleep by the time he comes home ... but they may not be as Luke is a night owl.

All very exciting.

1 comment:

KR said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. :) It means so much. :)

That's great that hubby will be home tonight! What an awesome surprise for the kids too. :)

HUGS!

Kristin
http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Blog Archive