Wednesday, March 04, 2009

No news is good news ...

so they say ! Tuesdays are rather busy in the afternoon - homework, then take Anna-Kate to brownies come home for a little while and dash back to get her !
The weather is terrible here - freezing cold , pouring with rain and the wind is noisy !
So what can a girl do but craft on a night like this ?
I had made this square earlier -



I didn't like it - in real life it looks pale and nasty - so I decided to jazz it up a little - and by the time I had to go and collect the children from school I had created this - just need to get my sewing machine out and attach the corners - I feel it pops a little more with the corners dark.

At the moment I am still sewing the hexagons together - need to get my iron out and iron the freezer paper onto more floral fabric ... perhaps tomorrow !
I will swap bags that I make for floral fabric ! I love swaps... just leave a message if you would like to swap with me I am trying to use up my stash ! I need to clear my shed a little for summer.
This is my crafting space this evening as I sit on my corner of the sofa and watch some telly. The children are asleep (I think) in bed (I think) but ds lites are upstairs so I could be mistaken ...
Good night !

1 comment:

QuiltedSimple said...

Very pretty block! Your fabric is in the mail on it's way to you. Hope you like it!
Kris

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org