Monday, November 17, 2008

Quilting Progress?

The quilting course I am doing would have finished on Friday - but we have all asked for a two week extension so I will have two more blocks to be added to my collection.
I also had to finish some of my unfinished blocks - thankfully hubby is home and I have been able to do a LOT of homework.
My first block - tumbling blocks. I still want to do grannys garden or an inner city block ... when I have an extra hour or two perhaps ....
The log cabin again ...

The old tipping canoe this is one of my unfinished blocks - completed this one on Friday after class.
My own design - finished this one yesterday. It was a lot of hand piecing...
Strip piecing - I think ... my first sewing machine block.

My second machine block.

My work today - Cathederal Window. This is not finished - but I had to start with four squares ... want to add more on - it might not end up in my quilt it might be a wall hanging - but then again I may use it to pull all the colours together !
Now I had better go and organise my children's homework...
Chat Soon XXXX















1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Vanessa,
I've always loved patchwork quilts but speaking as someone who really doesn't like sewing I don't suppose I'll ever get to make one.

Good luck with finishing the course and keep up the lovely work.

By the way I've tagged you. See my blog for more details. Obviously you don't have to participate if you don't want to...

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Blog Archive